Design an App in a Day
Create a basic interactive prototype of an app in 5 hours
Review the learning objectives
- Identify everyday problems which could be solved by a mobile app
- Be able to expand and develop initial ideas to create a better understanding of the problem to be solved
- Understand how to utilise mobile device features in the design of an app
- A paper design of an app
Download the student workbook
- Printable student A4 workbook containing practical activities
- Guides you and your students through the course
- Fully editable, making it easy for you to adapt to meet your needs
Review the delivery guide
- Get a quick overview of the course structure
- Review the activities and timings for each session
Watch the delivery videos
- Want to deliver the course yourself? Watch these videos to understand how you can present the course and deliver each class activity.
- Want help delivering the course? Use these as instructional videos in the classroom to deliver the course content direct to pupils.
This is a set of 12 videos (access the playlist from the dropdown menu on the top right of the video)
Present the class activities
- Launch the presentation below to deliver the course content and explain the activities to the students
- All activities introduced in the presentation are also found in the student workbook
App in a day version using AppLab
This version of App in a Day includes resources to build a wireframe prototype using AppLab.
If you select this option you will need the following teacher's guide to to setting up AppLab logins and an alternative student workbook: